• Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31st, 2012. You can join anytime.
• Books from other challenges count as long as they are a collection of short stories.
• Books can be children's, middle-grade, YA and adult fiction and non-fiction.
• Write a post and link it below including the URL to that sign-up post.
• Tell me a Story: 1 to 3 books.
• Stories Abound: 4 to 6 books.
• Tales Galore: 7 to 9 books
• Anthology Supreme: 10 to 12 books.
Hosted by/Link: Library of Clean Reads. Short Stories Challenge
Challenge Start and Ends Dates: January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
My Progress: 12/12 - Completed July 31, 2012
1) The Lost Salt Gift of Bood - Alistair MacLeod
2) Selected Short Stories - Virginia Woolf
3) Agassiz Stories - Sandra Birdsell
4) The Penguin Book of Scottish Short Stories
5) La Grosse Fifi - Jean Ryhs
6) Stones - Timothy Findley
7) Storm Glass - Jane Urquhart
8) Mennonites Don't Dance - Darcie Friesen Hossack
9) Who Do You Think You Are? Alice Munro
10) Street of Riches - Gabrielle Roy
11) Light Lifting - Alexander MacLeod
12) This Cake is for the Party - Sarah Seleky
I'm surprised on how fast I finished this challenge. I thought it would be one of the challenge that would be with me until the end, but I found my self absouletly enjoying these short story collections. I know I'll read more before the years end, and I look forward to reading more by some of the authors I read for the challenge. I would tell you some of my favourites, but for the most part these collections were wonderful. I mostly stuck with single author works, so perhaps next time I'll branch out to multiple authors in an anthology. Also, it seems that for the most part, I stuck with a very Canadian themed short story collections as 9/12 books are by Canadian Authors. All in all an excellent challenge!