January 1, 2013

Ireland Reading Challenge 2013

Challenge Summary: Welcome to the fourth annual Ireland Reading Challenge! This has become one of my favorite blogging experiences – and I hope you will consider joining me. 

Here are the guidelines: 
~ The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. 
~ Any books read for this challenge can also apply to other challenges you are working on. 
~ Re-reads are allowed. 
~ Any book written by an Irish author, set in Ireland, or involving Irish history or Irish characters, counts for the challenge – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, audiobooks, children’s books – all of these apply. For specific suggestions, check out the Ireland Challenge Review Database

~ Choose your commitment level: 
Shamrock level: 4 books
Luck o’ the Irish level: 6 books
Kiss the Blarney Stone level: 8 books
Ceilidh level: 10+ books
 
~ Write up a post indicating that you are participating (feel free to copy the lovely graphic at the top of this post), and then add your challenge post’s link to the Mr. Linky here on the main challenge page. 
~ You don’t have to list your books ahead of time – just have fun reading throughout the year.
~ If you write any reviews of your Ireland Challenge reading, please leave a link here on the challenge page. 
~ In the past, I have offered a giveaway to participants in this challenge, but since our financial situation is still uncertain, I won’t be able to do that this year. 


Hosted by/Link: Books and Movies. Ireland Reading Challenge 2013

Challenge Start and Ends Dates: January 1, 2013  December 31, 2013

My Progress: 10/10 - COMPLETED December 31, 2013

My List:

1) Whitethorn Woods - Maeve Binchy
2) Away - Jane Urquhart
3) The South - Colm Tóibín
4) Quentins - Maeve Binchy
5) Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show - Frank Deleany
6) The Soldier's Song - Alan Monaghan 
7) The Flight of the Earls - Michael K. Reynolds 
8) Irish Fairy Tales - James Stephens
9) Always and Forever - Cathy Kelly
10) Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift

Final Thoughts

Well it was down to the eleventh hour, but I completed the challenge. Looking forward to this challenge for next year. I have to say though, my chocies didn't always thrill me. I did attempt new authors and go beyond my comforts, but there were a lot of books that didn't work well for me.

One response to “Ireland Reading Challenge 2013”

Julie Lessman said...

Hey, Jules, Carrie K. was kind enough to direct me to your website as I am an author of two Irish historical series and am looking for bloggers interested in a very relaxed blog tour slated for around St. Patrick's Day.

My Irish series are called The Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change, and book 1 in the DOB series, A Passion Most Pure, takes place in both Boston and Ireland. APMP was voted American Christian Fiction Writers 2009 Debut Book of the Year and currently has 152 five-star reviews on Amazon. The book that I would be promoting for St. Patrick's Day blog tour is my most current release, A Light in the Window, which will coincide with a sale on that book.

I invite you to check out the BOOKS tab of my website to see if A Light in the Window would appeal to you enough to participate in my blog tour. You can contact me through my website if you are interested, and here's the BOOKS link. Hope to hear from you soon!

JULIE'S BOOKS

Kind regards,
Julie




JULIE'S BOOKS

Post a Comment