Here are the guidelines:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from short stories/novellas or anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.
Hosted by/Link: Literary Escapism. 2015 New Author Challenge
Challenge Start and Ends Dates: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
My Progress: 20/25
1) Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
2) Among Others - Jo Walton
3) The Buddha in the Attic - Julie Otsuka
4) The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
5) Monkey Beach - Eden Robinson
6) The Lifeboat - Charlotte Rogan
7) Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel
8) Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
9) And the Birds Rained Down - Jocelyne Saucier
10) The Golem and the Jinni - Helene Wecker
11) Saltsea - David Helwig
12) Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
13) The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
14) The Book of Negroes - Lawrence Hill
15) Swarm - Lauren Carter
16) Case Histories -Kate Atkinson
17) The Lathe of Heaven - Ursula K, Le Guin
18) Once Every Never - Lesley Livingston
19) Sleep Donation - Karen Russell
20) Armada - Ernest Cline